OUR PROGRAMS AT NATIONAL LEVEL
NOE has three large national events annually, attended by thousands of people. These are the annual general assembly of NOE, the family festival of our member organisations and members in autumn, and NOE Christmas celebration, respectively. Furthermore, NOE organises one additional special event, a large get-together every year. In 2016, we organised a Large Families Festival, in 2017, we celebrated the 30th birthday of the Association, whereas in 2018 we will have an International Family Congress at Veszprém. In addition to these large gatherings, NOE hosts a great number of various programs, conferences, negotiations, meetings at local, regional and national levels.
Since 1990, NOE has been organising bi-annual family conferences, where some of the topics specifically focus on the whole family. Highly relevant aspects of family life are addressed, for a healthy society can only be built on healthy families. The conferences are organised for all the members of the families, with all family members being able to participate. While adults discuss serious issues, NOE provides children with special programmes: sports events, excursions, handicraft possibilities and sports contests, with volunteers giving an invaluable support to the event. The Third European Large Families Conference was organised in Győr in 2006.
Some examples of previous NOE conferences:
- ‘Family-friendly society’, international conference in 1994.
- ‘Who raises whom?’ conference on school education in 1999.
- ‘Successful female carrier routes’, a conference on successful reconciliation of work and family, in when?
- So-called mini conferences were organised by the regional centres of NOE for the International Day of Families at 32 venues in the country in May 2004.
- In March 2011, within the framework of the international programme series of “Family Week”, a series of mini-conferences were organised throughout the country with about 90 local NOE organisations having small conferences on various topics involving families. (Eight further European countries joined the programme: the Czech Republic, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Italy, Portugal, Romania and Spain. The series of programmes was entitled ‘Europe: family first!’)
NOE got in touch with the German programme called ‘Lokale Bündnisse für die Familie’ within framework of an EU ‘Peer review’ programme in Berlin on ‘Reconciling family and work’, and has been following the activities of the programme ever since. The main objective of the organisation is to establish a family-friendly society by joining the collaboration of various institutions, organisations and society groups. The programme perfectly suits the ambitions, value structures and way of thinking of NOE on population and family politics. Therefore, we decided to be the promoters of the ‘Lokale Bündnisse für die Familie’ initiative. During the past few years, NOE has organised several conferences and prepared brochures about the programme in Hungary. As a result, similar local communities (Lokale Bündnisse) have been formed in Hungary as well.
OUR PROGRAMS AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
The international relations of our Association are of high importance. NOE is a member of various international organisations (e.g. COFACE, ELFAC, FEFAF, etc.), that are forums of NGO’s dealing with families. NOE is one of the founding members of the European Large Families Confederation (ELFAC). NOE actively cooperates with and contributes to the work of these organisations.
In 2015, NOE co-initiated an international pro-family project with the Confederation of Family Associations in the Carpathian Basin (KCSSZ). As of January 2018, NOE is in charge of implementing the international pro-family project.
The project aims at strengthening the social and financial background of European family lobbies and pro-family policy by international networking of family-related civil organisations. Our intention is that pro-family attitude, approach and values become more visible and articulate in the legislation of the European Union. NOE and KCSSZ are thriving to contribute to the empowering of pro-family approach at an international level, as well as to the lobbying possibilities of European civil organisations through their network system.
The two pillars of our international program are the following:
- Youth pillar: we find it of utmost importance to raise their awareness and reinforcing the importance of working for families, as well as to inspire them to develop a family-centred baseline and approach. Also, we offer professional training for those who are already engaged in family-related activities either in their career or as volunteers for pro-family civil organisations.
- Professional pillar: networking possibility for representatives of family-related NGO’s: we organise conferences, workshops, networking events about various topics related to family and marriage. This way, people working in this field in one way or another can gain an insight into the work of other organisations, can become familiar with the legislation of the different countries, can learn “best practices” from other organisations, may start cooperating with similar NGO’s throughout Europe, and have the opportunity to contribute to building a more family-friendly Europe together.